2) If you are not interested in politics

what keeps you from participating, and do you feel at all responsible for things that happen without your input?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• was more interested before being single mom to a child with special needs
    very little me time
    and just too filled up with other things to spend the time

interested = yes
    time allotted = nope
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I am interested, I just don't understand a lot about it, I guess. It's hard to understand how and why some feel a certain way when others don't.... over basically the same things. I'm accepting of others' beliefs, but when it comes to politics, I can't make it right or wrong (which is the way I need to see it, I guess)... if that makes sense. I'm more of a live in my bubble type of person....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't say I'm not interested, but I don't know enough to sound intelligent during dinner conversation. When politics are discussed online, it leads to arguing and drama, so I stay out of it. I keep my opinions to myself.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• My interest is more limited at the moment.
    There have been some issues here that have taken more of my interest.
    My interest would be peaked if there were more politicians that were interested in the well being of the country more than the well being of their political career.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I agree with all of the above. It's not so much that I'm not interested but I don't really understand it and don't have the time to understand it.. I'm also very non-confrontational and do not like to be part of an argument if I can avoid it at all. After yrs of fighting and being ruled by hitler, I need a break from arguments.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I initially wanted to become a legislative aide when I graduated from college. A friend of mine was one and was going to put in a good word for me. While I was waiting I took a temp job in a hospital and loved healthcare so much that I stayed. After that I had kids, nursing school, etc and have been too busy to really get too involved much more than research and voting.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• And the past 10-15 years I've hardly done much research or cared much about voting... sad, I know.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't say I'm NOT...but most of it makes my head hurt and I don't get a lot of it either
    I'd say I'm a bit mroe interested now, than in the past though
    hubby likes political stuff though- so It's on tv a lot even if it drives me nuts a lot of the time
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I am not interested because None of it makes sense. I try to watch the presidential debates but I don't even understand half of what they are saying! And you hear so much pros and so much cons about each side it is so hard to decide what is truth and what is just what they think you want to hear.

I haven't lived in one spot long enough to get into the Governor, sheriff, type of government issues, so this could be the first time I will be able to get into the local government.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2013

• I try to pay attention & stay informed, but I don't devote as much time to it as others do. I try to get several different sources so I can make an informed decision before I head to the polls. Esp. since I have to help my oldest child with special needs understand certain things before I take him to vote.

But as far as interested in it, well to be honest, I'd rather watch golf, or paint dry. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2013