my daughter has not pooped in 2 days and i can tell she is in pain how can i help her poop

Jennifer U.

Asked by Jennifer U. at 12:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh geez, well this ruins our theory, doesn't it.......

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Give her some prunes or other food high in fiber, have her drink lots of water. If that doesn't help, check with a medical professional.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Is she prone to holding it in?? I know my dd did for awhile because to her it was kinda painful, so she held it in a lot. Her doctor told me to try miraLAX, and it actually worked real well because it was tasteless, and we put in her juice, and the dosage given to us by her doc. Then it started working in a day or so. Also mandarin oranges work too because it is a natural laxative. But you still should see the doc to make sure she can take it and at what dosage.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Miralax makes a gentle chewable tablet for kids that softens the stools.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• How is it you can post here thur Facebook but not be a member? That's not right.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Peaches, pears, plums, prunes... It's called the P diet. Your doctor would tell you this over the phone for free.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• hi fibre foods and plenty of water. Lay off the salt
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Colace stool softener.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Pedialax
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• My kids pediatrician said if it goes longer then three days to call him but constipation is pretty common. My poor daughter gets constipated pretty bad (poor thing has her mommys digestive system). I bought pear juice( gerber pear juice in the baby section of the grocery store). Give that and withi a couple hours she is pooping! Just be aware that she will probably go a few times. If that doesn't work (it's never not worked for me, better then Apple or prune juices) use baby colace?
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 4:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2013