What would you think?

I have been talking to/seeing this guy since April. We were old friends who became reacquainted recently. He was very interested at first and let me know. When we started becoming close he backed off. He stated that he wasn't in a position in his life to be good for me and the children. Seeing as I am not looking for a husband right now I respected his words yet continued to see & speak to him when he initiated it. Long story short. We have hung out on several occasions. We have cuddled a few times. Walked hand in hand on the beach. He kissed me softly once. Then, on 4th of July, we made out (like teenager style,lol) and had sex.
Would you consider that a step toward being a couple or merely a man having sex with a willing partner? I truly like this person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• He has made himself clear he is not interested in a lasting relationship with you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Like dardenella said, he has already given you the answer to this question.

Many men will have sex with any women that they are attracted to and is willing(at least when they are unattached).....so in my opinion, it is just sex with a willing partner.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• From a woman's point of view, it's a step toward couplehood. Unfortunately, from the perspective of most males, it's just sex with a willing partner. Don't read too much into it or you might get hurt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• He was clear about his situation from the start - this was just sex for him.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• You have to tell him how you feel. It could of been just sex or he could feel the same way about you. If he's seriously into you he will hang out with you again and it won't be just sex. I hope it works out for you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• ask him
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Has he called you?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Is he married?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• ...I asked my husband...and he told me IT IS JUST SEX TO HIM!!
    Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2013