Elevated testosterone level?

my dr did blood work on me to see why i had slot of hair loss and acne and he said my testosterone level was elevatec it was 81 i had twins almost four months ago and havent recieved my period what could be going on? why could this be happening? what causes this? is this normal after delivery?im worried could this cause me to be infertile? people who know abiut this please help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Health

• No, this is not usual. Testosterone tends to drop after childbirth. However, you do seem to have signs that you might have PCOS. Why not contact your doctor about your concerns?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• wat do u mean it tends to deop after childbirth ? confused?? are u saying it can be high after childbirth than?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Possibly PCOS http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm  You display two of the symptoms.

Though hairloss after childbirth is normal due to the hormones in the body reverting back to normal. It is also normal that you haven't gotten a period yet,especially if your are breastfeeding.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Is your dr referring you to an endocrinologist? That would be your next step. I don't know anything about testosterone levels, I had issues with my progesterone levels.

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2013