How would you handle nasty, rude neighbors?

what would you do? we have a fence between our yard and the neighbors yard, there are rose bushes and thorn bushes growing up the fence and sticking out on our side and every time we climb in and out of car they catch our clothes(I have had a couple tops snatched because of the thorns. I tried asking the neighbors nicely to trim them and they rudely and nastily said to me "no you no trim anything"(they are Hispanic) we rent the property and I contacted the landlord, but was just wondering what you would do about it. They have been nasty to us since we moved in.

Please no bashing I have nothing against people of other races just stating that they are Hispanics. They are not this way to anyone else just us and I don't know why because I have never said or done anything to them since we moved in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Whatever is sticking over on YOUR side, you can do with as you please.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• You mention Hispanics twice, you say you are not racist

But I can not figure out why race has anything to do with the situation

Are roses from that culture more thorny or harder to trim?

....................................
    Trim whatever of the plant that comes on your side of the fence
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I agree that you can trim any part of the plant that is on your side. Stay calm and just do it.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Cut off only what is sticking out on your side. Is the fence your landlord's?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Personally I would spray weed killer on my side of the fence. That would do it. I would not say anything. I would do it at a time where it was quiet and do so casually. Roses are so fickle. That would kill the problem. And why could you have just wrote the neighbors said they will not trim the bushes? It is racist. At least it comes across that way even if it was unintentional but factual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Their race has absolutely no relevance. You didn't even need to explain how they said no, a simple "they refuse to trim the bushes" would have sufficed to make your point.

Cut off whatever is on your side of the fence. Or don't park so close to it. I don't really think it's rude and nasty for them to do what they want with their bushes. It's their yard and their plants. Cut off the part that is in your yard and inconveniences you, and move on with your day. This will only turn into a war if you keep making a big deal over it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2013