Do you...

always lose your plug before labor? A lot of my friends have been induced, and this is my first baby so I just wanted to know how common it was to have your plug come out and your water break and that kinda stuff.

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No not always. I lost mine with 3 of my 5. And even when I did I didnt go into labor right away after.

Answer by gemgem at 12:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I just lost mine two days ago, ill be 40 weeks on saturday. and am still waiting for something to happen :)
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 1:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I lost mine about a week before my water broke and i went into labor with my first and my second was an emergency c-section at 37 weeks so i did not have the opportunity to loose it

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My first two I lost it and labor started immediately, the last guy I lost it weeks before he came. It can come out anytime in the last month.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not always. I don't remember losing my plug with my first born. My water did break and I wasn't even contracting. With my son I was induced at 36 weeks due to medical reasons, I went to my OB Dr the day before and he stripped my membrains, that night I lost my plug but I didn't go into labor.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think that you do lose your plug before you go into labor.... however, you dont always know when you lose it.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009