What evidence exists for your deity that doesn't exist for any others?

Hi!  

Anyone miss me?

Never mind - don't answer that.  Instead, let's discuss the initial question:  

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 11:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• None
    I admit that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I'm not sure my "evidence" outweighs anyone else's. I have a strong faith or belief system in God & Jesus. Others believe in Buda or Mohamed, (& many others). What they have in common is belief in a higher power. I'm not about to say it's my way or the highway on this topic. Perhaps our higher powers are all interconnected & just have different names based on the region where you grew up? IDK. I don't think the name matters as much as the faith you have.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Honestly I think all religions are expressions of the same truth, given through different cultural and societal perceptions and so forth, and the inspiration comes from the same Source. So I don't think my way of perceiving the Divine is any more or less valid than the perception of others. I just understand Divinity - whatever It is - through the Christian language my foundation in the Christian faith gives me.

For me, though, the questions surrounding God are an afterthought. I am a Christian because of the *message* - the message of love and compassion and living in this world here and now in a particular way. Even if God or Jesus were proven beyond a doubt to be nonexistent I would still consider myself a philosophical Christian. I interpret the message differently than most Christians, and in a way that is compatible with other faiths - not because I choose to but because I feel it is the most authentic interpretation.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Some of mine are documented by the official genealogies of assorted Scandinavian royal families ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• How is that different, though, from the claims of geneaolgies in the Bible, Qu'ran or other religious texts?

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Well a lot of the genealogies in the Bible aren't literal. Some are eponyms that represent tribes, and not individual blood lines...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I don't have one ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• * a dieity that is
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• All of creation--the heavens and the earth declare the glory of God. I understand that not all see it. The God who made the universe also said that He would be found by those who searched for Him with all their hearts. He left us a Book which contains the promise of eternal life with Him in a place free from pain, suffering, and sorrow where He Himself will dwell. Also, after Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary, the Holy Spirit, who is the third member of the Holy Trinity(God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit), was made available to those who search for and find God. Therefore, I serve a risen, living Savior(all the other gods are now dead, I believe). I know this because I have His Presence living in my spirit and soul today. I have a personal relationship with Him. To my knowledge, He is the only God who offers a personal relationship. The best part: if it turns out I am wrong, I have lost nothing!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• There is no proof of existence for any deity beyond our own hearts and minds. We see and feel what we need to in order to feel justified in our innermost beliefs.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2013