Exodus shutting down (700 club story)

http://www.cbn.com/tv/2539123269001   that's  link to a video from the 700 Club about Exodus shutting down 

and Pat Robertsons comments after this sotry was shown:

" I am very very  very pleased that we have many homosexuals watching this program, and many of them are looking for love and acceptance and help and I'm glad to report that we have thousands of these people who are saying "yes we want to follow Jesus, we're not happy with the lifesyle we're in and we want to have a better way" so, I think it's wonderful that that's happening, and I just think you know we're not anti- gay or anything, but I do believe in the Bible."(goes on to talk about Paul and 2nd chapter of Romans being very explicit about the world and how it would not see god- and their foolish hearts were darkened and they began to exchange natural sex for same sex and how homosexuality is not something new or natural, but came from foresaking God) and " If they reunite with the Lord, the lord will get their priorities the way it's supposed to be" 

then his co-host said that "and I think that one of the things that Chambers was saying was that  maybe the challenge and journey of that has been made to seem too simple because it (he interupts with sor of a sighing nanano type of response) you work through it in your relationship " then he interrupts again with "well, you work through it but if you meet the Lord, I mean  it should be, it can be instant, but there are a lot of people who are into this homosexual thing because they've been abused by a parent, abused by a sibling, aboused by a friend and they're  little boys, little girls, they  don't know any better and then they somehow think well, I must be gay. Well, they aren't, they are heterosexual and they just need to come out of that. There are others who maybe they have some chormosomal damage that's different from heterosexuals, that's what of course they claim, and then the homosexual movement, they say that hey, you can't come out of this under any circumstances. But in any event, this Exodus, I don't understand what he's saying- now we'll let the church do what we weere doing, the church aint gonna do it, it hasn't been doing it (kinda laughing as he says it) and so, I'm sure some other organization will rise up to help people who want out."

*I didn't put in the Uh's and repetitive and's but yeah...*and I tried to just find video of Pat, but had no luck

anyhow... for the question,  what do you guys think of Exodus shutting down?  Personally, the second they showed the guy running it- I thought, why WOULDN'T they?  I mean obviously, he hasn't "changed" even if he IS married and trying to avoid it. (I do not mean that in any kind of negative way at all- just the ovbious *to me anyhow)

*I know most of us can agree that Pat Robertson is...well...Pat Robertson ;)  

*******

side note- before this story started they did one on obesity and he was pushing green tea extract pills - WHAT THE?  *his views/comments (that I've seen) on weight make cringe too...but that's a whole other post!

*also, excuse typos and grammar issues- I tried ;)

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 11:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I think when Pat Robertson is no longer on air, a lot of people will lighten up without the constant stream of hate being parroted to them. Perhaps then, even they will see reality about Exodus, and that it never should have existed in the first place. As long as there are cranks like Robertson preaching hate every day, they'll have no reason to critically examine it on their own.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I despise Pat Robertson. I utterly loathe him. Back when I was young and stupid, I actually donated money to his organization, and I will regret that for the rest of my life.

One of the saddest things I've ever seen is a "recovering lesbian" friend of mine who has chosen to be alone rather than follow her heart. Now she's met a woman she wants to be with, but she's struggling because she's spent the last twenty years telling people she's walked away from a sinful lifestyle, and she doesn't think she can be with this woman she loves without everybody thinking she's backslidden.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• In some ways I think he is like Rush, his audience is dying out. So will his programming. I think it is about making money more than about spreading any kinds of news and information. If the money dries up so will their point of view. It is amazing how when the paycheck is effected the view seems to change.
    Anonymous