Egyptian Christians being murdered. adult content

Link The Blaze This is horrible about what is going on over there.  Why is there not an out cry here in the USA for these people.  I don't see this in any main news media.  It seems like no one cares, why do they not care, it is because they are Christians.  Talk about tolerance, no one deserves to be treated this way PERIOD!  I don't care who you are, or what your beliefs are this is wrong any way you look at it. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• IT isn't in the main news media because it isn't good for current agenda of the govt. We are supposed to be supporting the uprising in Egypt and they don't want the negative stories to affect that.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• How terrible! I had not seen this in the news, but then again I tend to stay away from the news! Yes I agree this is so wrong.....

Answer by older at 2:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• They seem to be a pretty intolerant society as a whole. It's very sad that people can be so barbaric over ideological differences.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• It seems like no one cares, why do they not care, it is because they are Christians

That's a BOLD statement to make without proof. "Nobody cares because it's happening to Christians. Does that same reasoning apply to this case?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10033881/Racist-fear-in-Birmingham-murder-of-Muslim-grandfather.html or this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8476534.stm

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• The reason it is not being broadcast in the US has nothing to do with the fact it's happening to "Christians" or any other group but that it is not occurring in the United States. Though I agree with your closing statement. NO ONE deserves to be treated that way. Not Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Etc. However your outrage at why it isn't being broadcast is misdirected.
    KristiS11384

• The reason no one cares has nothing to do with them being Christian. It's because many people aren't even aware that it's happening, and even if they are aware, some have their own problems in their own lives that they are dealing with. For me personally, I know that if I have major problems going on in my life, that's far more pressing to me than what's happening to someone thousands of miles away. It's not that I don't care, but I have to deal with my own life - I can't shove aside my own life to get outraged for people I don't even know.

What is happening is awful and you're right that no one deserves to be treated that way. But you are wrong in your assessment that people don't care just because they're Christian.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• It's awful, and I agree that it shouldn't be happening. I think many people get depressed and tune out the news from that part of the world because somebody is always getting murdered there in the name of one religion or another, and there doesn't seem to be a damn thing anybody can do about it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I find it ironic that you state how it doesn't matter what one believes, they shouldn't be treated like this. But the title and bulk of your post is directed at your outrage over them being Christian's and being murdered. I have to ask-would you be as outraged or even AWARE if it were Muslims, or Jews, or atheists being killed?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• clever, turn something happening in Egypt to good old fashioned USA Christian persecution. what's happening to them is REAL persecution. please note the difference.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I think there's a lot of conflicting information out there. I think it's just more proof that we should stay out of other countries. But, then again, we do have allies. The money we send to Egypt as aid was supposed to be contingent upon keeping the peace with Israel. Yet, the people voted in a Muslim Brotherhood (known ties to Al Quaida) president Morsi? Then, things got so bad with their economy and their freedom that the military had to step in for the people and force Morsi out? Coptic Christians and basically anyone who didn't agree with the Muslim Brotherhood were arrested, tortured, and killed. This isn't mainstream Islam, it is radical Islam. The Muslim Brotherhood would eventually want Sharia Law and we know what that means as far a freedom for women. Some Egyptian citizens protesting against the Muslim Brotherhood are accusing our president (not us) of supporting terrorism. It's messed up.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2013