Im trying to quit smoking cigarettes and weed! adult content

This is a serious question please no bashing thats not what i need right now! Im starting to get really depressed.

I Like to smoke it calms my nerves, helps me to eat, and to be around people and honestly it helps me to be a better mom because i can be calm without lashing out and getting mad...

i need to quit because it just costs to much money but if i go a day without im super depressed, i cant eat, im mad all the time extremly! Help

like i said please no bashing..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• Maybe it would help for you to find a support group online or in your local area so you have other people you can talk to who know what you are going through. My boyfriend said quitting cigarettes was one of the hardest things he ever did.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• It sounds like you're self-medicating for depression. What you need to do is see a doctor. On a positive note, some anti-depression medications help a lot with quitting smoking.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Don't know how long you've been at it, but I can tell you that the 1st couple of days of quitting cigarettes, I thought I'd lose my mind or commit a crime! Try to take a walk or do something physical every time you get the urge to smoke. The Support group idea could work for you too. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• When I initially tried to quit smoking I did end up on Welbutrin for depression. With some help I did quit, my one year is in august. There are a couple apps that can help and I second talking to your DR about it.
    Fairierose81

Answer by Fairierose81 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Talk to your general practitioner. There are ways for them to help you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• You might want to kick the cigarettes FIRST. Don't attempt it all at once!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I'm sorry Anon, I tried....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I would suggest getting help the proper way because it seems your are using it as a tool to function which is never really a good thing. Maybe you should try medication, counseling, support groups. Something to address your depression issue and maybe others. GL.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Also, someone mentioned Welbutrin that can be great for depression as well as quiting smoking!!!!!
    But I would do one step at a time. Maybe quit weed first and then worry about quiting the cigarettes first.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2013