Weepy

My boyfriend and I are leaving in a few hours for a much-needed getaway. It's just here locally, but we got a nice hotel room and we're going to take time for each other and chill out. We've both been working our butts off, and we need a break. I'm excited. But I just sent my daughter off with the sitter till Sunday evening, and I'm feeling weepy. It's a trusted family, she loves going to spend time with them--heck, she's been counting the days. She gave me a quick hug and took off out the door without a sniffle, and here I am, feeling bereft. I'll get over it, but when do your kids get to the age when you can see them off and not have these silly pangs?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• On my dau's 1st day of Kindergarten, she was very excited & not nervous about me leaving her there. I was the one who had to hold back the tears til I was out of sight. I felt apprehensive for about a week until I saw how well she was doing. Hope you all have a great time on your get away! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Probably Never!
    ccja2012

Answer by ccja2012 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2013