Has anyone used essential oils for A.D.D

I was just wondering if it helped.

teeg1

Asked by teeg1 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Health

• Have any particular oils been recommended to you for ADHD?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I've never heard of it. How would you use them and which ones? My boys both have ADHD, and I've heard of a lot of different things, such as fish oil or even Valerian root (which I would definitely talk to a doctor about Valerian before using it with a kid). But I've never heard of essential oils.

If it's just topical application (applying to skin, inhaling from a cotton ball or something like that), I don't really see the harm in trying it in conjunction with any current treatment. I'd be cautious for an allergic reaction or irritation if it's applied to the skin, but as long as you don't discontinue current treatment, I don't think it could hurt to try it. If it's any kind of ingestion, I'd definitely talk to the doctor first. (can you even ingest essential oils? I'm not sure on that.)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• It goes on the crown of your head. Im not sure what it really but its for an adult.
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2013