Do you try to pretend your interested in sports for your husband sake?

So I'm busy composing an email to my friend (making plans) and my hubby comes down and starts talking about some trade or retirement in hockey and I listened for a min just to please him. I thought he was done speaking so I went back to my email and he starts talking hockey again. I let out an annoyed breath and told him I don't really care (truth). He gets upset and told me I should at least pretend to care. I thought I did pretend I guess it wasn't long enough for him lol. Anyway do you ever pretend you care about what your hubby is saying when really you don't.....pls give examples.

pinkparcel

Asked by pinkparcel at 6:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Nope, I really am interested in sports!
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I don't pretend interest. I am genuinely interested in what interests him because I love him and because I want him to listen to me when I talk.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Mildly, but my boyfriend isn't a real sports freak, except for hockey. The world stops for hockey, which I've found to be quite exciting now that I've paid attention to it more. He'll watch golf, car racing, and football, but I only half tune in on those.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Nope... luckily he isn't into sports.

Now... I do have to pretend to be interested in other crap he likes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• DH isn't really interested in sports, but I don't mind them. I understand most of them well enough and don't mind watching or whatever. Not that he ever watches.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• No, I absolutely hate sports. MY DH knows better than to give me useless details. To me it would be like Blah, Blah, Blah.......
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Goodness no. He is into car racing(yawn) wrestling(gag) and football (ehh). I will sorta watch football, but one game a weekend is my limit. It's one of the reasons we have more than one TV.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 6:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• No. Neither of us are interested in sports.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• My husband isn't into sports, so I don't have to deal with that, but occasionally, he starts talking about hardware of some sort (cables between video components, processor usage, that sort of stuff,) and I feel my attention span waning. I'm into software, but I am not a hardware geek.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Luckily for him, I love all sports except for golf. I don't mind if he goes golfing, but I hate if he tries to watch it on TV. I actually drive him crazy at times when I turn on a baseball game since he doesn't like to watch that sport unless it's the series. We are def. a football household & have football withdrawl when the season ends :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2013