How to stay cool in the heat?

my mom and i are going to the World Cup of Softball on Saturday for her birthday. its supposed to be at least 100 degrees and there is no shade at the park. when we went last year we about died from the heat. so, i need some ideas on how to keep cool. i know we should wear light colored shirts, pack lots of water and sunscreen, but what else?

im so freaking excited for this (all day games w/ the night game being USA vs Japan!) but i dont want to be miserable.

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 7:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Take towels that you can wet down to put around your necks and wipe on your faces. That's what I do in the blazing sun at the swimming pool. Have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I know this sounds weird, but get some Poise Cooling Towelettes. They aren't just for hot flashes. They have something in them that once wiped on your skin keeps you cool all day. I love them for when I am outdoors!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Buy a spray bottle with a fan on it. Big floppy hat.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• If you are allowed to take a cooler, put some wash cloths in that so you can put them on the back of your necks & the back of your knees. Use an umbrella to keep the sun off of you. Have fun & GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

•  Oh yeah, & Go USA!!!! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• you could get something like this from walmart, would it be feasible to bring an umbrella or would people scream at you? Or this misty mate,

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2013