Toddler eye exam

My son just turned . A few months ago we had him in for a checkup and the dr recommended we get him in to have an eye exam based on her analysis of him. I was very reluctant and put it off. Well lately it's become more noticeable that he's squinting a lot, gets really close to watch tv, ect. Even our babysitter called to tell me. So Tom he's getting an eye exam. I'm just not sure what to expect, and didn't know if any moms out there experienced anything like this.

AllyBM

Asked by AllyBM at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He just turned 3 :)
    AllyBM

Comment by AllyBM (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• It's actually very much like an adult eye exam except that there are pictures instead of letters. Really, there's nothing to worry about :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• They just use pictures instead of reading letters. Or one doctor my youngest saw had a bunch of E's of different sizes that faced up, down, and different sides, and my son had to tell him which way the "legs" pointed - or he could point to which way the "legs" pointed. It'll go fine, and your son will feel much better once he gets the glasses he needs. :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I had the same experience. The dr had pictures of a cake and my son had to tell him which way the candles pointed. There were some other pictures but I don't remember what they were. Try to find a pediatric ophthalmologist/optometrist. They will be used to dealing with kids and have more kid friendly equipment.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• When my daughter has had eye exams, there are six or eight different pictures she had to identify.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2013