Whose "ass" do you beat?

You're at work and your 3 year old child's babysitter calls and tells you she can't find your 3 year old. They find him an hour later, roaming the parking lot of a strip mall about a quarter-mile up the road. Whose ass do you beat? The 3 year old's, or the babysitter's?

Mother thinks 3 year old is at fault because he "knows to stay around" and should have his ass beat for going so far away, and thanks the babysitter for "finding" him.

Just making sure I'm not crazy for thinking this is absurd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• The babysitter would...SHOULD... be held criminally responsible. It's called child endangerment.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• The babysitter is 100% FIRED.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I wouldn't be beating anyone's ass. I would make sure the 3 yr old knew for sure how worried I was and how glad I was that he/she was ok. The babysitter must have been beside herself and likely beat herself up over it more than I ever could.

Kids are fast. It only takes a second and if you go looking the other way, they get more of a lead. My youngest took off when he was 4. I went inside for less than a minute and came back. He was gone. He heard hammering (someone a block away was getting a new roof on) and he went to check it out. I went the opposite direction thinking he went to the other neighbors' to play with the cat. When he came back 10 min later, I was a nervous wreck. Lesson learned for both.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• I did, I just don't understand the mom. :)

I mean I'd be pissed but not I'm gonna beat your ass pissed. Because it could of just as easily happened to the mom.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• never never let the mother be in charge of your kids
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Really? You're really on here asking us who's ass should get beat?
    ...
    ..
    .
    ....
    ...
    ..
    .
    Really ? I'd be grateful that my kid wasn't kidnapped and being sold as a sex slave.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• So you're telling me you watch every single move your kid makes 24-7? Doubtful.

There's more to this story.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• Or killed
    funlovinlady

• Or tortured
    funlovinlady

• Definitely the babysitter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2013