My baby just had his two month vaccinations

He had three at once and a rough night and is much better today. Im considering limiting his shots to 2 a visit? Also the nurse put regular bandaids on his injection site and he bled on his onsie. Would you be upset they didnt put the small circle ones on? Is that an infection risk not to? AM i over reacting about the bandaids? How many shots do alow for your baby a visit?

Camron D.

Asked by Camron D. at 11:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ped limits it to two vacc.s per visit and that is my preference. The band aid thing is not a big deal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2013

• You would be going in more often for shots if you limited them to 2. I don't know why they use the long band aids. I am guessing the circle ones are a choking hazard for babies. Easier to spot a long colorful band aid going in the mouth.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If I were going to vaxx, I'd only allow one shot at a time. And I wouldn't allow any combo shots...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Not an infection risk since they cleansed the area with alcohol prior to injecting with a sterile needle. You are over reacting a bit on the band-aids. They use the larger ones for two reasons: choking hazard and the shots are given close together so the bigger bandage covers both injection sites. I did not limit the number of shots given. I went with what the pediatrician advised. (they never had more than three at one time anyway) My kids never reacted badly to any of them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Honestly, I wanted the shots all over with in as few visits as possible, so we didn't have to keep going through the crankiness and fevers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2013