what entails in the testing of ADHA for adults

I asm scheduled for an ADHA testing next week, what questions are asked then the computer testing what can I expect

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• OMG I was about to ask something really similiar!! Well, I wanted to ask who has adult ADHD/ADD because I have read signs and symptoms on various medical websites, and I swear it's like they wrote them about me!!! I, too am confused and wondering how doctors diagnose adult ADHD/ADD because I have an appoinment Monday. I am glad to know that I am not the only one going thru this! I was starting to feel like a mental case!!
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had the test(was sent to a specialist,for 3 or 4 visits) & was diagnosed ADHD.First test they have you sit in a room w/a computer .You are too hit the bar key when an X appears on the screen.This test takes FOREVER(or maybe it's due to my hyperavtivity disorder) .This was the test I hated most,however.I was also asked to recite several numbers I was given orally...backwards...Amazingly enough,I got 15 before he stopped testing me..He did diagnose me ADHD.& put me on Dexedrine.He told me :"this is a very potent & mind altering drug" Also told me that "you will love this drug so much,that your husband must administer it to you .otherwise,you will become addicted & take too many".I must tell you,that I tried his Dexedrine,but it did nothing for me.I ended up flushing them,after trying them for 3 weeks.Still ADHD,& except for a shot too hell knee...I am 50 @ fine !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I am new to cafemom.
    I think that I have had ADHD all my life, but have never been diagnosed. Is there help for adults with this problem? Mine seems to be worse lately since I quit my last job. what are the symptoms? Mine are numerous. I go to the Dr on the 12th of this month and wonder if I should mention this to her. I have had a rough life living with this problem and would like to think there was help for me. Please, can someone tell me what to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 4, 2009