TMI-clean up after sex

So my SO wishes I didn't clean myself of his fluids after sex since we are trying to conceive. I like to stay clean though and it will start to smell if I dont rinse.
So I'm wondering, if I continue to rinse myself inside, is it possible we can sill conceive?
I suppose I could prop myself up with a pillow for 15 to 20 minutes (as internet has suggested, mind me) so it will stay inside...but even that is NOT something I want to do!
Advice? Comments?
No critisizing please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Clean up on the outside only!!! The vagina is self cleaning on the inside, that kind of cleaning effects your pH balance... This can hinder conception and cause all kinds of other issues!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• You're douching?? That's a sure fire way to NOT get pregnant.
    Sex smells. No one else can smell it except you, so get over your insecurities.
    Diapers smell too. Maybe you want to re-think this.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• See? Ph is a vag thing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I suggest you just do as he asks and deal with it. Just put up with the discomfort for him. It's actually a huge turnoff for a guy when his partner gets up and rushes off to clean herself ASAP after sex ...

When you say you "rinse" do you mean that you douche? I hope not...

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Rinsing yourself inside can cause infections and serious problems, so DO NOT do this any more.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If you are talking about douching. You shouldn't be doing that at all. Cleaning up out side your vagina is ok. But douching is never recommended Especially if you are TTC.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Why are you so disgusted by his semen?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Well it is those "fluids" that contain the sperm. It helps them swim easier. So you are literally washing away your chances. You can still conceive even if you do this, but your chances are drastically reduced. You should only clean the outside anyway. Douching changes your vaginal pH and can make it a hostile environment in which sperm can't survive. You're not doing yourself any favors by cleaning up afterwards.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• You can clean up without hindering conception. Whatever drips back outside doesn't have to be left there to increase your chances of conceiving (it won't!) and can be wiped away without any issue. Or you could shower off. No need to be sticky. But you seem to be referring to cleaning "inside." Limit your cleaning to wiping or washing externally.

And you can conceive without propping up your hips or even staying horizontal for any length of time. So no need to do that as a rule, especially if you don't want to.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2013