Should I see a doctor for this injury?

I twist and situation my ankles quite frequently - several times a year. About 3 our 4 weeks ago I twisted my ankle, but it seemed mild at the time, and didn't bruise badly or anything. However, since then, I have pain in the inside of my calf, a few inches above my ankle. The pain is not at all severe, but I wonder if I damaged a ligament our tendon or something. Does this sound like the type of injury for which I should see the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Health

• Situation? LOL, sprain, I mean.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Personally, I use Arnica Gel on sprains and bruises... And maybe use this as an excuse to go for a massage!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If you have good insurance and can afford it go ahead. If not. Wait and see!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• X-ray to r/o fx, go to PT, wear a lace up with stap style brace when doing the activities that may cause you to re-injure.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Go to the doc to r/o a fracture or tear of some sort. Go to PT to help build stability in your ankles.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Is it constant pain or only when you walk or run or do other specific activities?

I've sprained one ankle and broken the other. Both injuries were so severe that even after treatment (and surgery on the broken one), I have residual pain. For me, it only happens if I'm on my feet a lot - say spending a day walking around at a fair or an amusement park. But I know that I've tried everything and it's simply that my ankles are weak now and I have to live with it. It may be that that's what you're dealing with here - you're injured it frequently enough to have weakened it to the point that certain activities cause pain.

But if it's constant, I'd definitely see a doctor, because that could indicate that there's another injury, and continuing to use the leg/ankle without treating the injury could do much more damage.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• yes, recommend u see dr.
    curiousjch

Answer by curiousjch at 1:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2013