Computer Problem

My computer has a built in memory card reader. I have a 16GB SDHC card. It has worked perfectly in my computer for as long I have had it. A little while ago, I put it in the memory card reader and it will not read it. I'm just wanting to know if anyone has any idea what is wrong with it and how to fix it.

I have tried updating the drivers for the card reader. The card has always worked. It is only recently it hasn't. I haven't made any changes except to the password.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Technology

• Sometimes the cards can get damaged; are you able to test it in another reader?

I've had external card readers burn out on me a few times; I don't know iof that can happen with an internal reader.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• It's working in my Wii. It is sort of working. The drivers finally installed but it will only work if I hold it at the right angle.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 6:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• It's working in my Wii. It is sort of working.

Is it working in the Wii and sort of working in the computer? Or only sort of working in the Wii? If it's only sort of working in the Wii, I'd say it's the card, and that somehow the Wii is able to manage to make it work. If it's working in the Wii perfectly fine and only sort of working in the computer's reader, then I'd say it's your computer's reader. I'm not sure if card readers can be replaced like hard drives, but I would think if nothing else, you should be able to buy an external reader and hook it up through a USB port or something.

Call around to some computer repair shops. They should not only be able to tell you if the reader can be replaced, but also test and see if the reader is the problem and maybe even repair it, if it's something that can be repaired.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I lost my train of thought and missed the end of the sentence. It is working on the Wii perfectly. My Wii is hacked so I can watch digital copies of my movies on the Wii just fine. It was sort of working on the computer for a minute. I plugged it in and it it read it as long as I was holding it right. Now it is not working at all.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Then there's a problem with the computer's card reader.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Yeah I was afraid of that.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2013