How can i make sure my sons nutrional needs get met

My lo lives with his wonderfull grammy. I freeze cheese sauce infused with sweet potatoes or pumpkin to help her avoid the blue box mac n cheese. I also buy him v8 fusion juice. My mums very sensitive and im not sure how to bring up his diet? Is there anything thing else i can buy? Is there any way i can help him gain healthy eating habits for his adult life? She only brings him by once a week. :( hes three

Camron D.

Asked by Camron D. at 1:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get his doctor involved in it. Grandmas tend to listen to doctors.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Sign up as a cafemom member...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I am going to assume that your mom has primary custody of your child. If that is the case, you need to let her parent him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Your mom raised you. How are your eating habits?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Why are you so concerned about his diet and his nutrition? Has his doctor indicated he's unhealthy, under/overweight, or something else that would be cause for concern?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• And this Cafemom is what we get.... Thanks!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I'm assuming since she's raising him that she's the one going to the pediatrician appointments with him. If there was a problem I think the ped would bring it up with her. There is tons of information out now about nutrition and feeding kids healthy diets, I'm sure your mom is well aware of healthy choices. I also notice in my life it's the older people that generally have a much better diet than those in their 20s/30s, so it's likely your mom has healthier food choices around than many younger parents.
    btw - juices have more sugar than most kids need on a daily basis, even v8 fusion and tropicana splash

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If you actually join cafemom, I'll give you a true answer
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2013