I'm bummed :( what would you do?

We are leaving for vacation today...just a weekend thing, I WAS so excited mostly for my son to enjoy where we're going and Thursday he gets sick, took him to the doctor, just a virus. Anyway I thought surely by today he'd feel somewhat better but e still has a fever :( the question is, should we still go? Idk?! We've already paid for everything which is no refundable, I'm bummed because I really wanted him to have a test time, we never go on action and the one time we get to go BAM!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes. You can keep activities to a minimum and continue to care for him appropriately plus he should improve each day. It won't be a total loss that way. :)
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I would go. Bring Motrin. It works wonders.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I guess I should mention that we are going to Seaworld, so the activities will be outside and hot...don't know if this is all gonna work out! If we can't go then oh well but we've prepaid everything which is non refundable and my hubby NEVER gets off work! We've been married 8 years and this is a first....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I would go. Viruses typically don't last long, he should be over it soon and you can enjoy the rest if your vacation.

Answer by missanc at 8:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• You know, it's just disappointing because I really was looking forward to him having a blast :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I would go anticipating a day where I would stay with him and others are having a fun day. In the hotel I would bring movies, comfort snacks, and relaxing books for me. I would not ever expect a sick child to go out and about because of my need to have fun. My son threw up at Disney and we left for the night. His needs were greater than any plans we made. It happens. Go but stay with him on days he is not well, know the local urgent care, and have him relax. No other children need to give up their vacation, just a parent. Take turns being with him at the hotel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I am in no way saying that my needs are more important than his because they're not! That's why I said "if we can't go, then oh well", because his comfort and needs are number one! We only have one child so no one would be missing out but him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• how old is he? can you get a stroller so he doesn't have to walk the whole day?
    I'd say just go ahead and go, unless he feels completely horrible- then I guess you have to make the choice of what to do
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I'd cancel. It isn't worth it to take a sick child.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• You could go, while being prepared to not overdue it until he's feeling better. Take breaks inside somewhere or back at the hotel. Does your hotel have a pool? A cool dip in that might do him some good. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't at least try & then he's doing better by tomorrow. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2013