So sick of the immature bulls*** from my sil!

My brother's wife and I got into it late May, and still haven't talked to each other AT ALL. My brother still hasn't talked to me either. Well, our kid's bdays are coming up so, I invited them. I put their kid's names on the envelope, like I always do, and put bro and sil's in parenthesis under the kid names, and I invited them on fb, they haven't "joined". I sent invitations out a month in advance and dd's party is on her actual bday. Well...my sil sent an invitation to my mom's house with my kid's names on it, not mine or dh, just my kids, mom, dad and my nephew, who mom has custody of. Every year they have sent one to my house, so why not this time? She created a fb event for niece's bday and dh and I haven't been invited. And another thing, she planned her dd's bday party on the same day as my dd's party. Why is she being like this? I mean, we have never really got along, but this really pisses me off. I am no longer trying to be nice to her, so sadly, my brother and his kids will no longer be a part of my life. How would you handle something like this? She has always done little things, that aren't so obvious to my brother, to get to me. I AM DONE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• I think it's bs she has the party the same day as your dd and then knowing this, sends an invite to your kids. WTF, am I right about this?
    You said you are done. I think that is the best way to handle it. There is no need to feed the beast. This year, go ahead with your party and your kids skip her party. Next year, if she has the decency to have an activity NOT on the same day as your activity, you send the kids. But it's no secret families can be the most toxic for us. If you've tried to work on a relationship with her and it just isn't appreciated, then, be done.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• How about instead of all this FB crap, you all sit down at your MIL's house to work this all out?! If they won't meet with you, then it's the kids who suffer the most out of all of this, b/c now the family is forced to divide its time between the 2 parties. And the cousins won't get to be at each others parties. Sure hope you can work it all out. If not, just make the best of it & do your best to make sure your child has a great time at their party, despite those who may or may not be there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• No need to cut your brother or your niece out of your life. They aren't the problem. Your brother is probably struggling from being in the middle of his sister and his wife. You can utilize your mom as a go between, if she is willing, to talk to your brother. As for the invite you can politely decline on behalf of your kids due to it being your DD's actual birthday. Send your niece a nice gift with your mom. It's not her fault she got a B***h for a mom.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• "In law" is a suffix meaning "to be ignored." I take it your terms with your brother aren't all that good, or you'd have told him about this already.

I'd do precisely as you are.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• OK then, but cutting them all out is your choice. Be prepared to accept any consequences that may follow.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2013

• What was the original fight about?
    And doesn't your brother have any balls? If she's truly that controlling over him this marriage will not last long.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Being polite is what you need to do, you need to not worry about 'hanging' out with your brother, but be there for his kids, take the high road, bring gifts etc. Were the children born on the same day? This sounds like the Real Houswives of New Jersey, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I would invite them and leave it at that. I would not expect them to show up.
    As for you going to their party. Don't.

Answer by louise2 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Don't blame you, I'd be done too, I've been there done that with mine, she is a control freak to and doesn't like anyone who can do anything better than her, very immature and childish.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• well idk what my mil has to do with it but....I have tried working things out with my sil, it does no good. I am done with all this shit from her. It is sad that my relationship with my brother and his kids has to suffer b/c of her, but that's what she wants and he won't say anything to her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2013