1 month old green poop. Think its caused by too much foremilk

My baby is 1 month old is breastfed. I noticed her poop turn from the yellowy mustard seed to green poop. It happened a few times then it would be yellow again and I notice its been green for a couple days.( my breast are fuller cause shes been eating more) I tried looking it up it said could be an allergy to something im eating or it could be too much foremilk . Im thinking its from too much foremilk. Shes not fussy at all yea she burps after eating and gets a lil gas from time to time but no other signs. I do have strong let down ( times i have to express cuz they are too full ill gently press my breast and i have a shower flow for at least a min before it stops )she swallows fast and chokes sometimes. I try and help her out by pulling her off letting her catch her breath but she wants to latch back on. She only eats from one breast a feeding she eats 30 mins to 45 a feeding. Is there anything I can do to get rid of some of the foremilk before she eats? How much should I express how do I know im not expressing the hindmilk?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow, and here all I was going to say was "don't worry about green poop, its a perfectly healthy color for humans". But, um, as to your actual question...no idea. I'd honestly not worry too much as long as she's having the right amount of wet and dirty diapers.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Thanks yea she has about 10 wet n poop diapers a day. Shea gained 2 lbs since birth.
    Just worryed cuz it states out yellow I don't remember by other baby's having green poop they r.5&8 now
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Green poop is normal. Really do not worry so much. If she is gaining weight... and it sounds like she is...and is having wet/dirty diapers...which it sounds like she is...there is nothing to worry about.

If she wasn't gaining weight and was having issues with getting too much foremilk, then you would worry. But that isn't the case. Green poop is fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Green is in the range of normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Wow, that's a lot of milk. Do you have a pump so you could express some and store it, just to decrease the letdown before each feeding?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2013