COULD I STILL BE PREGNANT AND TWO HCG TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE?

i miss my period for 1month and 2weeks but the pregnancy test came back negative. the 1st test i took was 3weeks after i missed my period and i got two lines but one was faint. i tested a week after but only got one line. still no period and my cycle is regular. i don't know what could have gone wrong.

littlemiss244

Asked by littlemiss244 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!
    You're pregnant.
    Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?
    I like the names:
    Dolly Madison for girls
    and
    Frederick Limerick for boys

What names do you like?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Doubtful. The tests these days are pretty sensitive. There are other reasons for a missed period. Make an appt with your dr.

Answer by missanc at 1:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Have you talked to a DOCTOR? Typically that IS the next step after missing a period and multiple negative tests. You know, to find out what's going on.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• What did your doctor say??
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• It is POSSIBLE you are pregnant. It is equally possible you have other health problems. Please go see your doctor. If you're uninsured, then go to your county health clinic or Planned Parenthood. No one online can tell you any more than this.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Try 20 more just to be sure!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Yes, it is possible for the homes tests to come out with a false negative. Hormones in your body can cause the tests to be misread. You're best bet, if you want to be 100% sure, is see you doctor, and get both the urine test, and blood test. That is the best way to be 100% sure if you are or not. The blood test never comes out with a false negative, and the urine tests in the doctors office are more sensitive to the pregnancy hormones then the tests you can get at home.
    ChrysAsh

Answer by ChrysAsh at 3:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• The blood test never comes out with a false negative

Hate to burst that bubble, but yes they do. Though it is very rare. My BFF failed both urine and blood tests multiple times. When the doctor finally decided to have a look inside, via ultrasound, he found a 12 week 4 day old healthy baby girl. She had at least 5 blood tests done and all were negative. Not saying you are like my friend, but it is possible. The ONLY way to confirm is a doctor appointment. If it's not pregnancy it is something else.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• You might be pregnant, or you might have just missed a cycle. Antibiotics can cause that, as can stress. I've missed a cycle a few times for no reason I could ever figure out. See your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2013