Will this effect the court case?

So I'm in the middle of a child support case right now and i'm getting really irritated with everything. According to the state of Delaware it is a law that the father has to pay child support if the baby is getting state funding. Well last night I got mad at my ex and told him since I'm doing all the work already taking care of this baby without any help from him then i don't need his help. So my question is now that I said that and it's in writing, would he be able to use that against me in the court even though it's a law here in Delaware? or will it not have any effect on the case if he shows it to his moms friend which is the attorney representing him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• I can declare myself the president if I want to, that doesn't make it true.
    If that's the law, it doesn't matter what you say.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If you are getting assistance from the state, they will want their money from the dad no matter what you say/do.
    But just as a side note, beware of what you put in writing!

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• If the law says he has to pay, then what you said shouldn't be able to change that. But I would definitely be more careful what you say/write in the future.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2013