Rescue operation for 8 year old lost in sand

Rescue operation underway after young boy falls into 8ft sand hole

This is local-ish, but they broke in for an update then went back to regular programming. Has anyone seen it anywhere else?  Thought WGN might have it, but they're not either.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't seen anything about it. Keep us posted though.... I hope for the best.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I checked the Chicago Tribune....nothing there
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• They just updated that he's out, condition unknown.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Rescue-operation-underway-after-young-boy-falls-in-sand-hole-215326631.html

I don't know why, but the way it's being covered is irritating me.  It just seems like this should be more important than summer reruns, ya know?

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I was just at Mount Baldy in May. I saw a lot of the areas were fenced off and the only way to get to the lake was the path and stairs. Scary though because I remember how loose the sand was at that particular place.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• Link has been updated again to say he "has a chance of survival", still not a lot of detail. Everyone we know is there at some point over the summer each year, so it's terrifying to think it could've been someone we know.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2013

• I just saw this on the news here in my area. He is alive thanks for an air pocket.... AMAZING!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Three hours to dig the little guy out
    Scared2307

Answer by Scared2307 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• This is so crazy! I would have been terrified and panicked:( So glad they got him out!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2013