Need some CM advice from the ladies. Or just an ear.

Ever feel like most people you know are f*cking off their rockers? Wow. I get that we all have our shit but I'd love to meet some friends that have some grip on their problems. I have my issues too but generally, I can get through an evening without making the whole room feel uncomfortable. Worse, this trickles into their kids. Bad night. Sorry to vent. Now going to listen to Bruno Mars to pick me up!

Cheers girls...

PS: Is there a psychology category? Heh.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Health

• I've made sure to choose friends that have their affairs together and have positive outlooks on family and life.
    Sure, we all hit a bump in the road occasionally but fortunately with our inner circle of friends we pull through it.
    Sorry you're having a bad night. :(
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• The ones who have too much drama I've gradually phased out. Everyone has rough patches, but the ones who are constantly flipping out about something have to go!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Ever feel like most people you know are f*cking off their rockers?
    Oh god yes
    thats why my pool of friends is so small
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I find it refreshing that people pick me to sound out their problems, it feels good to have someone listen sometimes....some people are stronger than others, and friends are a good source of release, bear with them, and do not let them get to you

Answer by older at 8:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Perhaps your friends feel comfortable using you as a sounding board? That can be a compliment.

I don't have the issue with my friends, but it was rampant in my extended family. My brother and I used to say we were glad adoptoion exempted us from the insanity gene!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Sometimes, yes, though usually suppress which can make situation worse for me. Have been told it is easy & comfortable for them to vent w/me. Distraction a good tool hope Bruno helped.
    curiousjch

Answer by curiousjch at 12:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• maybe it's you and not them. dont hang out with them anymore if theyre such a drag
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Anon, you have a mind like a steel trap. That is the obvious solution and yet harder to execute but thanks for the astute advice.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2013