Is this some kind of gift, coincidence, or god?

I had a dream that I was having a boy. I turned out to be pregnant with a boy.

I had a dream I had a Altima, I now have one.

I had a dream someone had a cancer, although I had the person wrong, turned out someone in the family just found out they had cancer.

(This one hurts) I had a dream my own best friend back stabbed a week ago, today I found out she has been talking behind my back.

I'm sure I've dreamt other little stuff.
But, what are y'all's thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• God gave us the gift of perception, but we don't always like what we perceive, so we ignore it during our waking hours. Our subconscious tries to process what we have ignored during sleep, which gives us dreams.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Some people are just sensitive this way. My younger sister would have dreams that every time someone died, someone close to that person would be pregnant. Also, when someone was pregnant that person would die. Not necessarily a gift per the dreams of death but unique. Every time I've been pregnant (now with my 6th) she's had a dream that either my husband or one of my children or one of our sisters has died. She has only had one dream where someone was pregnant and yes, that person died.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Clair cognizance. Congrats.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Julie, you must have your fantasies with a ferret, weirdo . (:
    Musicmaker, that just means you're an evil person. (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I dreamed I gave birth to an evil wet newspaper, what does that mean?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I once dreamed that I had given birth to a 5 pound ferret at my husband's family reunion. I wonder what that means?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Oh gosh musicmaker.
    I have dreams that my boyfriend is cheating on me all the time. I'm just trying to believe its my insecurities.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• The subconscious is an amazing thing. When I was married to husband #1 I had a reoccurringdream that I actually would joke about to our friends. I would think I had woken up, and I would be horrified to find that some strange man was sleeping next to me in my bed. I actually would very quietly sneak out of the bed and crawl on the floor to get out of the room. Well, usually while I was crawling I would wake up, and think, wow, that was silly, it's just my husband. I know him.  Turns out actually I didn't. He left me for another woman, and told me as he was leaving that he never really loved me, he just thought he couldn't do any better. So my subconscious was screaming at me, but I wasn't getting the message. I have never had that dream with husband #2.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Some is self fulfilling prophecy (Wanted the Altima, so you got one). Others it is your subconscious merely interpreting data that for some reason you are aware of but don't want to be true (such as the case with your friend). It is not "coincidence, a gift, OR god. It is merely your mind manifesting the information you've chosen to try to ignore in the form of dreams.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Oh and it's not "god". I do honestly believe that some people subconsciously have some "psychic" abilities.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2013