Is this some kind of gift, coincidence, or god?

I had a dream that I was having a boy. I turned out to be pregnant with a boy.

I had a dream I had a Altima, I now have one.

I had a dream someone had a cancer, although I had the person wrong, turned out someone in the family just found out they had cancer.

(This one hurts) I had a dream my own best friend back stabbed a week ago, today I found out she has been talking behind my back.

I'm sure I've dreamt other little stuff.
But, what are y'all's thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• It's not god. It's your subconscious taking all the clues you brain takes on an putting them together for you in a neat little package. Learn to read it, it won't always be right, but can be very helpfull
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• You had a 50-50 chance of having a boy, plus your subconscious was likely picking up on preggo symptoms.

If you dreamed you got an Altima, that would bias your decision in buying one later.

Cancer is pretty darn common. Maybe you sensed that person was ill.

Stabbing => Backstabbing? That's a bit of a stretch.

Subconscious and luck.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Some is self fulfilling prophecy (Wanted the Altima, so you got one). Others it is your subconscious merely interpreting data that for some reason you are aware of but don't want to be true (such as the case with your friend). It is not "coincidence, a gift, OR god. It is merely your mind manifesting the information you've chosen to try to ignore in the form of dreams.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Could you dream I won the lottery? Please?

I don't know that would kind of freak me out. Could be any one of the three choices.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Exactly what Crafty said! Also, keep a daily journal and a dream journal and that will help you to 'read' the dreams.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I don't believe there is any such thing as coincidence, and God and gifts go together!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Oh and it's not "god". I do honestly believe that some people subconsciously have some "psychic" abilities.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I once dreamed that I had given birth to a 5 pound ferret at my husband's family reunion. I wonder what that means?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I had a very vivid, lucid dream when I was pregnant with my oldest DD. I dreamed that I had given birth to her (I already knew she was a girl) and was in the hospital. But, then I looked up and saw a little girl and I knew that the little girl was the baby I was carrying (not the newborn in my arms). So, I thought but, wait who's this? I woke up believing that it meant that I would have 2 girls. And, I do, in fact, have 2 girls.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• The subconscious is an amazing thing. When I was married to husband #1 I had a reoccurringdream that I actually would joke about to our friends. I would think I had woken up, and I would be horrified to find that some strange man was sleeping next to me in my bed. I actually would very quietly sneak out of the bed and crawl on the floor to get out of the room. Well, usually while I was crawling I would wake up, and think, wow, that was silly, it's just my husband. I know him.  Turns out actually I didn't. He left me for another woman, and told me as he was leaving that he never really loved me, he just thought he couldn't do any better. So my subconscious was screaming at me, but I wasn't getting the message. I have never had that dream with husband #2.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2013