okay so my son is 4 he doesn't turn 5 into September 3.... can i still put im in school or do I gotta wait into next year?

unique820

Asked by unique820 at 4:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ask the school distric.

Answer by louise2 at 5:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Most likely you can, but I think it's better to hold him a year. He's either going to be the youngest or the oldest. I think the oldest has more advantages, but that's just my opinion. My son is September 9 and I held him. He was old enough to go.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• It depends on the cut off date for your district as well as whether you think your kid is ready.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• when is the cut off date?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Yup, what thay've said ^^^^^
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Even if they said he could go, I would personally wait the extra year. Many younger children are not mature enough emotionally and mentally and end up being held back in kindergarten anyway. All of my kids turned 5 in the later part of the year and went to school then they were 6 and I felt they were better for it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I agree with those who said it would be better to wait another year. He will better enjoy going and he will be more successful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• It completely depends on your district.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• My son's male ped. said there is no advantage to being the youngest and smallest boy. I wish I had listened. We moved and he ended up with a female ped. who told me the research said that if the child was academically ready, they should go. So I put him in at 5. If I could go back in time, I would have waited.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Thank u to all that comment <3
    unique820

Comment by unique820 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2013