Two weeks notice

I'm at a job I hate and need to get out of it,I'm dead tired and hurt every night when I leave to go home.
I have another job lined up for when I get back from a vacation with my family.
The management has too much of a workload on everyone,especially me because I'am the lead supervisor. They keep saying they are going to get more people,but it never happens.
I'm putting my two weeks notice even though they are short handed. I know it's a bad move on my part,but I'm giving them two weeks to find and hire someone,there are plenty of people that need a job,they are just being super picky. It's a janitorial position and I'm not willing to do that anymore,I've worked for the company for 14 months and given them everything I have.
I would like to get to school,and explore a new career.
I'm not sure how to break the news to this company I'm scared to even say anything,but I can't do this anymore period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

• Put it in writing, short a sweet, then hand it to your supervisor.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I agree you need to be short and to the point in a written notice. Everyone looks for the best opportunities and personal fits. Your bosses certainly know that. If not, then it only shows further that it is not the place for you. Be prepared that they might ask you to leave when you give your notice. I hope the new job works out well for you!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• "I appreciate the opportunities I've been offered in my employment with _____. However, at this time, I feel it's time for me to move on. I am turning in my two week notice effective immediately. My last day will be ______. Thank you."

Sign it and turn it in. They might ask you to leave right then and there, so be ready for that. Don't get into discussions with them about a new job or why you're leaving - if they ask questions, just tell them you've explained all you're willing to explain in the resignation notice.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• agree crafty..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Dear (boss name),

I am writing to formally notify you that I am resigning from my position as (job title) with (company name). My last day of employment will be (date), as per the responsibilities under the terms of my employment contract.

I appreciate the opportunities I have been given at (company name) and your professional guidance and support. I wish you and the company success in the future.

Yours sincerely,

(your name and sig)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2013

• ^^^ thats like the one I did short sweet and too the point
    Lovin_mybaby5

• The two sample letters you were given are perfect. Very likely your resignation will come as NO surprise to the ownership; it never does when the company is a bad workplace. You don't need to give any reasons at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Some companies fire people through social media , so giving 2 weeks is polite of you , like others have said they might let you go on the spot. Good advice put it in writing and what ever happens happens, also I'm guessing you will not need references.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I will still use them as a reference I've given them 14 months of steady work,with only a couple days off when my daughter had her baby and another day she was put in the hospital and I went to work that day after I was done. I worked hard and went above what I was suppose to do there.
    Lovin I like it it's perfect thank you!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• What if I don't have a contract?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2013