Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some 1 or 2 year college degrees?

culinary arts
massage therapist

what others?
How long is a graphic design degree?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (8)
  • Fast trac LPN
    Healthcare WILL always have a job.

    Answer by krazyash023 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • RN is a two year program also. You can also get your MRI and PET scan license, along with Sonography and Radiology. You can become an EMT is as little as 6 mths and a licensed paramedic in 2 yrs.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • once your in the nursing program RN is a 2 year, You have a year- year and half of pre reqs and then a waiting list for RN. I'm currently taking my pre reqs for my RN

    Answer by krazyash023 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • I would suggest checking your local community college. They can help you find degree programs that will work with your interests. Anything in the medical field will be a good choice. There are many postings for openings in my area. If you don't want to be a nurse then try a medical transcriptions/billing certificate. You could also try physical therapist assistant or occupational therapist assistant.

    You might have a harder time finding a culinary arts job but your community college may have a program.

     Um. . .I would also see if there is a school of cosmetology around you or check what your state requires. I think you need a license but I'm not sure the process.


    Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • My niece just graduated with an Associates in Graphic Design. She went to school for 18 months.

    Answer by drowninginboys at 2:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • go to jf drake technical college web site. even if you don't go there, you can find a good list.

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

  • While I was in school getting my bachelors I attended summer courses (3 semesters) and obtained my surgical tech license around here it pays about 40k a year but I only wanted my certification so I could partcipate hands on in a charity I support . It depends on what you want to do , don't pick a career for the money alone or because of quick time to earn it if you don't love it you will be miserable.

    Answer by Briklin at 5:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • Most Associate's degrees are 2 year college programs. Then there are certifications and trade schools if you want to specialize in one area of an industry. There are so many options that are available and affordable for people seeking an education or to improve their skills within 2 years or less!
    Best wishes to you.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.