My daughter is 16 and she failed twice in school n dis year in 8th grade... will they hold her back again??

unique820

Asked by unique820 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Between this question and your other question, it sounds like you need to be more involved in your child's school work. Have you talked to her teacher? Is it a particular subject that she has failed? Is there any learning disabilities?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Wow. Shocking.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• And they have never suggested ways to help her? Or summer school to allow her to move forward? I find this hard to believe...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Wait, she's 16 & in the 8th grade?! Not too many kids can drive to Jr. High. Anyway, what about tutoring? Testing for learning disabilities? And yes, they can keep holding a child back who is not mastering the required materials. This all should have been addressed the FIRST time she failed.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• They might, if she doesn't learn. Worse, she might drop out first. You need to get involved. Talk with her teachers. Find out what kind of support exists to keep her from dropping out.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Okay at Jeremy's mom its a simple question no need to sit there and try n dis my parenting okay I am I good ass mother and im always involved but the internet don't need to know my whole life story hun n nobody is perfect so I doubt your parenting is perfect I do my best for my kids okay
    unique820

Comment by unique820 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• @gdiamate ive try to sit down n talk to teachers ive talk to cps and they said they will just pass her and do like a program b other teacher r saying different
    unique820

Comment by unique820 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Yeah, they're probably going to hold her back AGAIN. You need to look into this more before you have a 17 year old in 8th grade. Yikes.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• troll whistle

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• "dis"

'Nuff said.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2013