Is my milk drying up?

My baby is two weeks old todat and I've noticed that my breast don't feel as heavy or full as they use to. I pump maybe twice a day because sometimes my nipple hurts but I mostly breastfeed I breastfeed every two hours. Anyways I'm scared that my milk is drying up. I want to continue breastfeeding. He is poopoing and peeing like usual. Is it normal for mu breast to feel like this especially after two weeks?

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 2:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes. It's normal as your body is adjusting to breastfeeding. The best way to ensure you are producing enough milk is wet diaper counts. I think it's 8/day? You can ask your dr, but at that age all mine were still pooping and peeing every time I nursed.

Answer by missanc at 3:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• yup- normal
    it means your body has adjusted to the baby's demands.
    chances are if you miss a feeding- you'll get that painful engorged, "Oh my god this is worse than childbirth" feeling all over again

count diapers- dont worry about the boobs.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Okay thank you he wets the same amounr of diapers
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Diapers are the ONLY indicator. Your breasts are supposed to stop feeling full. Full tells the body "make less." You want soft floppy and droopy; those work eprfectly.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Perfectly normal. As long as he has 6-8 wet diapers a day he's getting enough.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Gdiamante yes that's how my breasts are now :) yay so I should be okay hebis wetting the same amount od diapers maybe even more
    2autisticsmom good I was starting tobget scared because my milk stopped xoming in with my first born and I don't want that to happen with him
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Yeah I remember wishing my boobs had ounce indicator lines like a bottle. Went to the local La Leche League here and got some guidance. Your good. Baby will start gaining weight and you'll be more at ease that he is getting enough.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2013