Two weeks of irregular contractions, is there anything safe I can do to move this along!? adult content

I am at 37 weeks pregnant (Almost 38 weeks), and for the past two weeks I have had very strong but irregular contractions, and I get between 2 and 4 and hour, all day, every day. I have been checked by my OBGYN, and she said that my cervix is softened, and I am 50% effaced. I've been walking like crazy, and even been drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea, which I might add is the NASTIEST stuff I have ever consumed in my life. Also, sex is pretty painful due to some crazy swelling down there, which my OBGYN says is normal, so sex is kind of not something I want to try again (I have tried a few times this week.)

I've tried nipple stimulation, and even using a breast pump (Yes I got this okay'd by my OBGYN before doing it) and it still does nothing.

I refuse to touch castor oil, or evening primrose oil, because those both have very dangerous side effects.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up??? I am miserable!!

ChrysAsh

Asked by ChrysAsh at 3:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Wait like we all do. There are no miracle cures that aren't dangerous. You may go 41 weeks. So relax & do something you enjoy. Don't obsess.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• nope! Baby will come when it's ready. GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• all I was gonna suggest is walking, and you already are doing that so...
    baby will come when it's ready
    hang in there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Nope. Not unless your OB is willing to induce.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Not unless you want drugs at the hospital to speed up labor, which your doctor might not be willing to give you yet. Try to relax. I know it seems like forever now, but I promise, you'll be sending that baby off to school before you know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Just had an appointment with my OBG yeasterday. Finally at 1cm dialated, and the baby is dropping much lower. She said that I'd probably have the baby before my due date, but if I make it to my due date, she is willing to induce from that day on, and if I choose not to, she will only induce if medically necessary. This made me feel ALOT better.
    ChrysAsh

Comment by ChrysAsh (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2013