How do I remove urine odors from furniture?

My husband is dying from cancer and has been living on the couch. He soiled himself several times during the night and my whole living room stinks. How can I get rid of this terrible odor. I can't afford new furniture.

jesras

Asked by jesras at 3:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• You can try either Lysol spray, or Urine B Gone. It's a spray available at places like Lowe's and Home Depot.

So sorry you're going through this. I've been through the same, and it's really tough in so many different ways.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• if you dont have time to run to the store but have vinegar that'll work pretty well too

since he's incapacitated have you considered an adult incontinent product?
    anything vinyl between him and the couch/ bed etc will make clean-ups easier.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Banking soda will help. A lot of it.
    Go buy him some adult diapers.

Answer by louise2 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I am so sorry to hear about your husband's health. It must be so hard on you. I would suggest unzipping the covers off the cushions if they have any and throwing them into the washing machine. If there aren't any zippers or for parts you can't remove, I highly recommend using an Enzymatic cleaner. They usually sell these in the pet sections of stores or in any pet store. Check both dog/cat sections. Some brands are: Out, Oxy, Nature's Miracle. They work great!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Out-Stain-Odor-Remover-32-fl-oz-Dogs-Cats-Dogs/10311210?findingMethod=rr

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Simple-Solution-Urine-Destroyer-32-oz/20552968?findingMethod=rr

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2013