Meth exposure to baby toys? adult content

I went to a yard sale today because I had committed to buying an exersaucer online earlier. I had trouble finding the house because it was tucked away so far into a dead end road. When I got there there was a tent set up in the yard and a rotting away house up the drive, the baby toy was right outside the tent. I waited about 10 minutes for someone to come out and when they did I wanted to run back to the car and get out of there as fast as possible. They were obviously on meth, or crack or whatever, my guess is meth. I didn't want to make any fast movements or anger anyone so I just paid for the item and left. That's when I started to feel funny. I didn't know what was wrong with me until I looked in the rearview mirror and saw my pupils. They were pinpoints. I ASSUME that there were people smoking meth inside that tent.

I am beyond livid. So angry. I felt funny for at least 30 minutes. I didn't want to touch my kids I didn't want to hold my baby, I just sobbed.

My plan is to smash the exersaucer so it is un-usable and throw it in a dumpster.

Am I over-reacting? Should I call the police? I am assuming they will know it was me because there was no one else even close to that yard sale. I don't want to be harassed via e-mail or stalked by a bunch of tweakers.

I can't believe this happened to me today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Health

• OP- did this question tank in Confessions?

All others- 5535 pts to level 43
    give me some love :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Feral I sent you a message. We are friends. This is not a joke. I don't even see how it could be a joke.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• OK- read the message
    have a deeper understanding of the issue.
    sorry i cant bump you again

this isnt a troll- any help appreciated
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I'd call the cops and send them to the address. Tell them you think there are squatters living there in a tents and you think they are selling stolen merchandise for drugs.
    If they have an exersaucer, there is a possibility there are children on the premises, OR there's a kid elsewhere who is being neglected while mom and dad are getting high. Calling the cops to at least check it out is the best thing to do.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• What is done is done. Next time you get a bad feeling just put the car in reverse. I would mind my own business & not call the Police. You don't need any trouble. How much did you pay? I have no idea how that stuff can stay on an object. You could remove the fabric seat & wash it in the washing machine. The rest of the Exersaucer you could soap up with a car sponge & dish soap. Hose it then spray it down with bleach & water then hose again. But again, I don't know if the chemicals wash off. I'll bump you though & maybe you can find the answer. Next time just trust your first instinct & maybe only go with someone & not alone. Thank goodness you are OK!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• PartyGal, they have her name though. If you are going to call the Police, I'd wait a week or two at least. Be careful!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• don't! attempt to clean the toy
    remember when a house is busted as a lab haz mat has to come in and clean it up

call the cops- dont wait
    PGA is correct
    unless you were the only person there and they can search your license plate number (illegal in all 50 states after that actress was shot by a stalker) you have no real worries

and if they have your e-mail just block them

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• They have my first and last name. It was in a facebook group.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• block them
    easy peasy

again i really really like PGAs response. I was so focused on you and yours I didnt think one bit about Where they got the kiddie toys from
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I would block the person by name on FB. Then I would change your profile settings on FB to make your name unsearchable. I would also drop that group for now and email the owner of that group and tell them what you experienced and ask them to delete those users becasue you are scared of what might happen to any member that goes out there...that it is unsafe.

Then I would call the police and tell them what happened.

Good luck! And hugs. How scary that must have been.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2013