For those moms in direct sales...

Do you have a list of people that you will not have as a hostess again, because of some reason or other?
I have two, anyone else?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 1:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• LOL, I do not keep a list; but I just write notes on my after party summary for hostesses who either just thought i was coming over for entertainment, who were rude,or who I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing a party for again.I had one lady tell me when I showed up, 'I know the party's supposed to be at 7,but I already told my friends I want it to start at eight.' Um,excuse me? I also had a lady invite over 22 ladies,and not one bought one thing. They kept begging for freebies and such as well. I have to make money to give out rewards,and I only reward people who help me,ya know?
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• LOL, I hate to sound harsh,but this is my f/t income,I treat my hostesses with respect,so they should treat the distributor with resepect.For the most part,though,I get good hostesses
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree with sweetest-sin7, this is all I do and my hostesses are rewarded well and have never said or done anything that I would never go back to them. I have earned their respect and they have all been great. Some are always better than the others, but all in all, I love all my hostesses. They pass the word for me well.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 2:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sweetest-sin7 well I haven't had one that bad, LOL! Thank goodness mine I had to stay on them to get their orders turned in, in both cases some of my customers didn't get what they wanted because the hostess waited to long. I did make it up to one of the individuls thoug because she is a good customer!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ive had my share of horrible hostesses and customers. I hate when they complain about a FREE gift, or that it isnt what they needed. It is free,take it! Some people are just inconsiderate and unappreciative.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Some hostesses think that you are entertainment and tell their friends 'dont buy anything' or 'you dont have to buy anything' and when you get there,you make no $$! Some hostesses just dont do their simple part of inviting people,so you arrive and they are like, 'sorry...no one could make it,' and you have a party with 4 people who say they didnt bring any money,or take your catalog and say they will call you tomorrow with an order.Um...ya,right! LOL. I market in more expensive areas and classier areas now, sad...but I have to!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• OMG, I could go on forever about my hostess stories. Once, I pull up to a 2 million dollar mansion & none of the hostesses guest show up. We ended up calling all her friends & still getting a $600 party,lol. She tipped me $20 too & we talked all night long, she was awesome & still paid me for my time. Another time; this club asked me to do a ladies night event for ladies only...so of course Im picturing major money, lots of customers,etc. Um...I was wrong. The club wasnt too nice,but lots of women. But,each party I got from that club was horrible! One party,I had to wait an hour for anyone to come,and it was at a trailer parks clubhouse and one of the ladies kept hitting on me and the total party sales for 4 ladies was $10.50. Then a week later,the hostess and her mom call me bitching b/c they didnt get enough ''free!'' are you fucking serious???
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• OH yah, another party...the apt. I show up at has a shit load of kids running around out site with a pit bull!!! I was like Oh,no....Oh...lordy,this is going to be an adventure. I go inside,and the lady closes the apt. door,and it has like 5 dead bolts. Major red flag. There was no furniture in any room,so I just set up my own table I bring and wait an hour for 2 guests to come. I sell adult toys,so absolutely no kids are allowed o course.Well,one lady drags in her kid! I was like, i cant have kids here, and she said ''no prob'' and made her kid play on the porch! Wow,wtf.I dont even do a party,I just breifly pass around the products and take the two orders I get. Oe lady didnt know how to read,the one who had her kid outside...and she was preg,so I had to write out her check for her. Also,she was preggers and talking about how shes getting her other kid dna tested and such...wow...jerry springer chaos.It was crazy!LOL
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That is my favorite to is when no one buys anything, what hell did they think they came for?
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I get hosts that say not now but none that say don't call again. I do have some who ask to be removed from my e-mail but that's no biggie.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 4:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2009