How would you take this?

He likened our relationship to Mila Kunis & Justin Timberlake in the movie Friends with Benefits. He said we're more than friends. Would you take this to mean eventually love could form or that we're just F buddies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• Never having seen this movie, my response would be "what the hell are you talking about?"

Ask him what he means. If you cannot ask him this question or any other question on your mind, you should NOT be sleeping with him. Love comes BEFORE sex. If love is not there on both your parts, no more sex.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• While my life isnt based on a movie- it does have a soundtrack

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I would take it like he's a dumbass for comparing your relationship to fictional characters in a movie.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• SIlly.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• 95% of all of the relationship questions posted on here could be solved with proper communication.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• I don't know how that ends but I'm leaning toward F buddies.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• Okay, if you haven't seen the movie and don't want it spoiled, you might want to skip over my answer.

In the movie, they end up getting together in the end. BUT, they are fictional characters. So, with my cynical ways, I'm going to say he's trying to give you hope for a future, but that you shouldn't get your hopes up.

I love the movie Friends With Benefits - I own it. But it's a movie - and rarely do things in real life happen like they do in the movies. It's a sweet movie, very romantic in its way, but it's still a movie. I would not take it as something that you should get super excited about and start dreaming of a future with him.

I also would consider the idea that if you can't sit down with him and say, "Can you explain what you meant?", that you are more comfortable asking strangers online than talking to him, could mean that this relationship isn't much of a relationship.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• It will not progress to anything serious.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• i'm completely okay discussing things with him wendy. but today we had limited to talk. he had a 30 min lunch break and had to go. so i didn't really get to discuss it as much as i wanted.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2013

• What 3Libras said.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2013