Cleaning and Cooking HELP!

I feel like I need some help with cleaning and cooking. I am a stay at home mom to 3 children.

We pulled up our carpet throughout the house. We have wood floors underneath. Unfortunately, the finish is gone so they are very hard to keep clean. We can't afford to have them refinished right now.

I feel like no matter how much I clean the house still looks dirty. We have a small row home and there isn't a lot of place for stuff.

I also need help with cooking. I feel like I go shopping and we eat the same stuff all the time. We are also on a tight budget.

I can't seem to get organized.

Help! Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Home & Garden

• How about painting the floors instead? Painted floors are beautiful. You can make diamonds & borders. That's what I would do!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Do the best you can. Remember, it is a house and not a museum.
    I'm very disorganized myself so I make lists (both in my head and actually on paper).
    A website that might help you is fly lady dot net. I've used several of her tips throughout the yrs.
    I always have things that I don't know what to do with, that goes in the junk drawer. I've found that having a junk drawer helps me keep the rest of my place more organized.
    When I was a SAHM, I had a list of things I wanted to get done daily and then made others as needed. I had a room that I didn't care if it was as organized as the rest as I could close the door. I would put clutter in that room throughout the week and then once a month or so, organize that room.
    As for cooking, frequent the Food & Drink section on here. Lots of times ppl ask "What's for dinner?" and/or share lots of great ideas.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2013

• For cleaning, visit FlyLady.net. Lots and lots of great advice tailored for women just like you.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Google "simple cheap meals" and you will get a lot of great links with ideas.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 12:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Fly Lady is a good site.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2013