Doing a birthday party for my 6 year old girl..... need ideas

invites and decorations have butterflies, need a craft idea and a game or two. looking like it might be a rain day next saturday- all inside stuff.
6 girls
5-7 years old

daughter is into My Little Ponies
was thinking possible pin the tail on the pony for one game- i will have to draw the pony- as can not find this (dang branding/marketing )

ideas/suggestions please
pinterest me away!

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Just for Fun

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I would get small terracotta flowerpots & let them paint them. Fill with pink tissue paper. Then get fake Shasta daisies. Attach the stem to a pen or unsharpened pencil with floral tape. Stick in the pen into the tissue paper in the pot! Craft Done! Maybe add a fake butterfly to the flower with glue. Do face painting & tatoos.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Coffee filter butterflies? You can google directions.
    Butterfly scavenger hunt where you hide cut out butterflies all over the house and they find them? Butterfly musical chairs, you cut out large butterflies out if construction paper, one less than number of kids, have the kids fly around like butterflies while music is on, when you turn the music off each child has to find a butterfly to stand on (so no child has to stay out I would let the child not on a butterfly help me decide when to turn the music off next time and then rotate back in)?

Answer by missanc at 12:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Craft idea could be to get some markers, glitter glue and sparkly stuff and let them make their own butterflies.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Paper towel tube and tissue paper and pipe cleaners

I think that somehow makes a butterfly.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• These all sound like wonderful ideas fiat, maybe even makeup and nail polish ...all little girls love that.

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Go to farm supply store and but the smallest pony horse shoes. Then get some neon paint and glitter, etc. Let each girl decorate own shoe to take home and hang on bedroom wall. Also white coffee filters, water colors, and pipe cleaners make great butterflies. Get filter wet, lie flat, dot with watercolors everywhere. Let the paint spread and blend. Let dry. Gather in middle and wrap a pipe cleaner around center leaving enough on both ends to bend into antennae
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• oh- and how about a keepsake party favor they can make on their own?

you can do my little pony/ butterfly out lines ahead of time and have them paint them in

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• How did the party go? I'm going to swipe some of these ideas for my daughter's birthday, even though it's a half a year away. She loves MLP and butterflies, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2013