Did the EIC discontinue after last year? (Earned Income Credit)

My BIL is convinced that Obama discontinued the EIC for future tax years. He has been spouting off about constantly. It is driving me insane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• I really hope not. I need all the credits I can get as I've already been informed that I lost 1 due to my daughter now being 17 (which I totally don't understand as she is still living with me, still a full time student with 1 more yr of high school to go, and I still fully support her)
    I need all the money I can get at tax return time so I can pay off my ex's credit card bills and be able to help her move out (she's going to college)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Nope. BIL is incorrect. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/EITC,-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit,-Questions-and-Answers

Remember, in-law is a suffix meaning TO BE IGNORED.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• He is just an asshole all around, so I always ignore him. I didn't believe it because it would be all over the news. People would be super pissed.

Thanks for the link though!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• points
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2013