The worst birthday gift... EVER!

I love my sil, but she just gave my seven year vitamins for his birthday. Three different kinds and they all taste TERRIBLE.

He is writing her a thank you note because that is what you do, but how the hell do you write one so that she doesn't think it is a great gift.

The background for this is that she sells Amway and is always trying to drum up more business. She was sending the kids gift cards so they could pick their own gift, but I am guessing that she gets a better kickback on vitamins.

For the record... our children are healthy and eat plenty of veggies and fruits and take a multivitamin everyday anyway. She is just weird!

Have your kids ever received a such a weird gift?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Holidays

• The note doesn't have to say much. "Dear Aunt Amway, Thank you for thinking of me on my birthday. Love, your nephew."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Sounds nice. Maybe she did not taste the vitamins. Why did you open all three? Lol. Note is easy.

Auntie

I love you. Thank you for the birthday present.

Name
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• They are vitamins for different things. One is a multivitamin, one is a fruit and veggie gummy, and one is another kind. They are all to be taken daily.

It is just weird.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• It is a weird gift, but she hasn't undone the Dursleys for bad presents. (Harry Potter.)

Answer by gdiamante at 4:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I don't know girl, someone had a question the other day about one kid kicking the other kid in the balls on his birthday and she was wondering about taking him to the ER for it.

That may have been a worse birthday gift!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Bahahaha! Yeah... at least this was just unpopular, not painful!
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I have to admit, coming from his Aunt, that IS a strange gift, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I would have told her thanks but if anyone is going to choose my childs vitamins, it will be me and I would have handed them back. Our pediatrician does not suggest them unless the child is missing nutrients.
    poppincorns

Answer by poppincorns at 9:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I got a puzzle with missing peices once...*an open one from the thrift store my grandma worked at
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• *pieces
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2013