How to help wean a baby off breast milk??

So with my other 3 kids they just stopped nursing when they were ready my oldest Levi was 8 months, Savannah was 12 months and Micah was 7 months but my son Archer is 13 1/2 months and he will not drink whole milk, he will not use a sippy or a bottle and all he wants to do is nurse. I have tried everything that I can think of to get him off the boob. Archer just will not use a sippy cup or even a bottle all he wants is to nurse and he is wanting to nurse more and more the past few weeks. I don't mind continuing to nurse but I want to get him on to a sippy cup even if there is breast milk in it. Has any one else had a child that just wont use a sippy cup? We have tried every sippy cup that is known to man kind and Archer just will not use it.

Sydneemumo4

Asked by Sydneemumo4 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you wanting to get him off the breast entirely or just to use a cup? Those are separate issues. A lot of kids who don't like the regular sippy cups will use straw cups. But a vital part: Mom's absence.

To wean, drop one feeding per week till gone,. Baby can have milk OR water; cow's milk is not needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• What she said.

Cups aren't really needed. Offer but don't force.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• What about George? Did you wean him?
    Anonymous

• Has your son been eating any solid foods as well as nursing?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2013