What diseases can be contracted through saliva?

Enlighten me with your wisdom!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Health

• mononucleosis
    herpes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Mono, cold sores, some of the heps (although with hepatitis there are still some studies solidifying the connection) to name a few
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Hepatitis A, B and C, Mono and Hand Foot and Mouth Disease... that's all I know of. I know that HIV is not spread that way despite the presence of the disease in the saliva.... I am sure there is more... but that's all I got. My knowledge in this department is minimal I guess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Herpes, cold, flu, Hepatitis is contracted thew blood like Aids. You can contract it through saliva. But you need a lot to do it that way.

Answer by louise2 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Hep C has a very very low risk of transmitting through Salivia, and in most cases reported it wasn't so much the saliva as the pressence of blood(no matter how little) in the Saliva, such as both persons have gum disease and it was transmittted through blood infected saliva.

Only reason I know that is because my mother has Hep C(got infected when working as a lab tech in the Army). So I became educated through her.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• In addition to those listed, meningitis

Answer by missanc at 5:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Cooties.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Caries
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2013