He's just an idiot...

So the kids met the BD today.
He and his GF were telling them about all the relatives they have who would just love to see/ meet them
He said they needed to go for a visit

His dumb ass GF said they would even pay for a bus ticket. Thankfully he nixed that idea because it is 9 hours by car- who knows by bus

Here is the kicker. The last time I saw BD in court an order was put into place that until a particular member of his family underwent a psycho sexual exam the kids were not allowed to visit BD. He can come here, but they can NOT go there.

That was 7 years ago. BD picked the family member over the kids and has been MIA since.

I pulled the kids aside and said, "there is a court order so no going North". They told him and get this-----------------

He told them he had no idea what they/ I was talking about and I needed to get him the paperwork so he could get it taken care of!!

Dafuq- how in the hell does someone forget something like that?!

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 8:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• You have handled it right.

When I was a 12, my sister and I were going to spend the summer with our grandparents on my biological fathers side. Before we left my mom told us that we were not to be left alone with our BD...ever. And if we were, that we were to call her immediately. Then she had to tell us why. He had molested our siblings. When my mom found out she divorced him and we hadn't seen him since. His parents were wonderful people and always treated us well, so my mom was comfortable letting us visit them, but she had to warn us so that we could watch out for ourselves. She felt terrible telling us, but I was so glad that she trusted us with that info.

Big hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• It is just an excuse, the forgetting something that big, so that he doesn't look like the bad guy. It is douche move and at some point your kids will realize it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Eh like you said he's an idiot. Court order wins. Yay court orders.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• As you said. He's an idiot.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Men play dumb all the time feral. He remembers but was probably hoping you wouldn't't.
    Also, I'm sure part of it is an act for his GF.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• what a dipshidiot.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• There is a Monroe infection in his butt nooney.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Selective memory? Denial? Lying through one's teeth?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• Saving face in front of the GF, and the easiest out with the kids, I'd imagine.

Smoother & more comfortable to be like, "Oh wow, I have no idea about any of that. Get me that paperwork so I can get right on it!!"

How are you hanging in there? You got through this with them!!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• OK, What does BD mean? It must have something to do with EX DH?

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2013