Teething question.

I have an almost 3yr old son and he has 6 molars coming in at the same time! He is in horrible pain :( he won't eat anything but applesauce, yogurt, Popsicles and rice and broth, and I can't say I don't blame him, he's drinking lots of fluids though, but to look at the inside of his mouth just makes me sad! His gums are red and very irratated and they bleed some when I brush them, which is another thing, he won't let me come near him with a toothbrush (again, I can't blame him) but I can't not brush his teeth, he also has a low grade fever! I took him to the doctor thursday for his fever and she checked him out and chucked it up to a virus, I'm calling his doctor first thing in the morning again and in the meantime I'm giving him Tylenol during the day, ibuprofen at night with Baby Oragel, and lots of loving! But my questions are, has anyone else's child endured similar symptoms with molar teething and do you have any tips on how to comfort more than I already am?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• this was recently asked. links are included- GL :)

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• I gave my kids motrin for pain but it was infrequent. Sounds like this might be a cold / virus and teething at the same time? : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2013

• best thing that i did and worked was those rubbery keys with the gel inside, put that in the fridge once cool give him one to chew on. it will numb the gums.
    leo1977

Answer by leo1977 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I used to put a clean wet washrag in the freezer and let my daughter chew on that. Poor kid, I hope the teeth break through soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2013