Are you this parent? Do you know these parents?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I'm the parent that goes to my kids for an explanation about poor school work, I do not want my kids to get in the habit of blaming others for what they do not achieve.
    JoannaBMommy

Answer by JoannaBMommy at 8:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• Those parents are why I don't want to get a teaching degree.

I am NOT that kind of parent.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• no
    yes
    lol
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I am still the 1969 parent
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• My kids are definitely responsible for THEIR grades. I will, however, ask the teacher if there's anything I can do at home to help improve said grades for child (besides standing over them with a whip to get them to finish their homework :P).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• My children are responsible for their grades. However, if I feel the teacher is not doing her job in supporting her students then I will be upset. For example, a friend of mine's son had a teacher in 3rd grade who's child was constantly being given homework that he did not understand and because of lack of instruction neither did she. When she asked the teacher to provide better instructions so that they could complete the homework she told her that her son should not need any help, they went over it in class at the end of the day and he should have been paying attention. This is true-she agrees-but if he is not getting it through one explanation then he needs additional support which she was unwilling to give him. the teacher did not like the fact her son needed things explained more than once or perhaps in another way. She chose to allow him to fail repeatedly than to help him learn. This would upset me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Not that parent, I went to college to teach. I am not teaching yet, but hope to be by the time my kids are both in school full time. This is a societal problem. The future looks bleak sometimes....Luckily I don't know any of these parents either, don't think I could be friends with them.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• sister is a college professor
    and gets parents coming in with their adult child to complain about a low grade that their 'child' earned
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Always have been the 69 parent, but I do know a lot of other parents that do today!!!!when my kids were in grade school I did homework with them and studied for test with them, so getting a bad grade was not an option, and c's were not acceptable either....

Answer by older at 2:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I was the 1969 parent, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2013